3 ways to take care of “liver” to be healthy, Liver cancer
Liver cancer is the number 1 most common in Thai men if you take good care of your liver. It will help reduce the risk of liver cancer and other dangerous diseases. that occurs from the liver
Did you know that the liver is the largest internal organ in our body? It has many important functions, including removing toxins from the body. Build immunity to eliminate pathogens produce bile to digest fatty foods control blood sugar levels produce protein substances that help in blood clotting. It is the place where the body’s energy is store for use when needed. It is also where vitamins and minerals are store. The liver is important as this. So how do we take care of it?
Dr. Supapat Sriphusanaphan, Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist from Addlife Digestive and Liver Center, 2nd floor, Life Center (Q House Lumpini) gave information about the liver that the liver is an organ that has important functions. many things. And it is also an organ that can rejuvenate itself. But if you have been exposed to risk factors that result in liver damage for a long time. It can result in permanent liver damage. and became various diseases.
The most common liver diseases are liver cancer, which is the number 1 cancer in Thai men, and cirrhosis, which is the leading cause of death in the world’s population. Factors that can lead to these liver diseases include:
- Hepatitis B and C infection
- Obesity and consumption behavior
- Long-term use of alcoholic beverages
- receiving certain drugs or poisoning for a long time
- fatty liver
- Genetic and metabolic diseases such as diabetes
3 ways to take care of “liver” to be healthy , reduce the risk of ” Liver cancer “
Once the risk factors are known Taking care of your liver is healthy. Far away from disease is not difficult if we know how to take care and prevent before the disease occurs.
- Adjust behaviors that are risk factors, including avoiding high-fat, high-sugar foods and exercising regularly to control body weight. Reduce or refrain from drinking alcohol avoid buying drugs Supplements or herbs can be taken by yourself without a doctor’s supervision.
- Hepatitis B vaccination If there is no immunity
- Make sure to have a health check every year. Currently, liver disease screening can be carried out in a number of ways, such as liver enzyme testing. Check for infection and immunity to hepatitis B virus. Hepatitis C upper abdominal ultrasound Hepatocellular carcinoma (AFP) test and Fibro Scan
Fibro Scan is the latest diagnostic technology that can detect liver fibrosis. and measure the amount of fat accumulated in the liver It can assess the condition of liver fibrosis in patients with early cirrhosis. Including follow-up assessment of severity in order to plan treatment and diagnose complications in patients with cirrhosis instead of liver biopsy. It is also possible to assess and display the amount of fatty liver for patients at risk of Fatty Liver simultaneously, quickly and precisely.
which detects liver abnormalities before showing symptoms can reduce mortality from liver disease Therefore, we should not neglect our annual health checks.